My feelings about preparing fish were similar to those I had about preparing pork which would very often came out to dry. Since I had Anabela I got motivated to incorporate more fish and less meat into our weekly menu and I learned that preparing fish is simpler and quicker then preparing any other meat!
It will take you 20-25 minutes all together to prepare and finish this healthy meal! 😃
Basic tips for baking, sautéing or pan frying fish fillets
- Rinse fish and pat it dry with paper towels (important step!)
- Always use non stick frying pan
- Place fish skin side down when baking or frying
- For crispy skin pan fry the fish over heated 1tbsp olive oil 2-3 min each side until golden brown
- Bake fish in preheated oven on baking paper on 230 C or 450 F for 10 min per inch of thickness
- Tuck in thinner parts of meat (toward the tail) so they don't burn
- The fish is well baked when you can seperate the meat in flakes
INGREDIENTS2 Ibs/1 kg of white fish (cod, tilapia etc.)
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup of drained olives or capers
1 lemon (zest cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes / powder (optional)
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup brown rice
1 cup green beans or other vegetable
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F.
2. Place 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of water in wide pot, add salt to taste and set timer to cook for 15 min.
2. Place the fish in the small glass roasting pan, poor white wine into the pan (to reach up to half hight of the fish).
3. Use vegetable peeler to grate lemon zest stripes. Scatter olives or capers along with lemon zest around the fish. Drizzle with olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake fish for up to 20 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
5. Serve over brown rice with a side of steamed vegetables of your choice, we usually go with green beans.
How often do you prepare and eat fish?
Over here in Barcelona people it fish very frequently and prepare it wonderfully.