Ok, this post will seriously change the way you think of your Summer coffee! Next time you go and order a cup of coffee by the beach out of habit, you will have way higher expectations then before. :)
I hate when I go to a super trendy, luxurious Mediterranean location and then they serve me with jucky coffee which tastes like irony from poorly washed espresso machine in a chipped cup and they charge 8 Euro for it (pretty much for the view from the cafe). I still remember that place and will never go there again! Come on, I take my coffee serious, put some effort into it!
Now, let's get serious and more practical about it. Take the matter into your own hands and start your morning with a fabulous Summer coffee!
Here they go in the order of deliciousness:
COCONUT ICE COFFEE aka BEACH IN THE CUP
2 tsp good-quality instant coffee
2 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp boiling water
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup ice cold water
1/2 cup cold milk
a few ice cubes
- Add coffee granules, sugar and boiling water to a glass, stirring until the coffee and sugar has dissolved
- Add coconut milk and vanilla essence, stirring to fully incorporate it into the coffee mixture.
- Top up with cold water and cold milk, add a few ice cubes and enjoy!
ITALIAN SUMMER COFFEE SHAKE – THE SHAKERATO
1 tablespoon soluble coffee
6 teaspoons unrefined cane sugar
5 ice cubes
1/3 cup milk (I used soy milk, any milk is fine)
- Put the coffee, sugar, milk and ice cubes in a blender/food processor and blend until you do not hear the sound of ice anymore.
- Serve immediately. You can decorate this coffee with whipped cream on top (it will float on the coffee blend).
NUTELLA ICED COFFEE aka HEY FATTIE
8 ounces coffee, freshly brewed and chilled in the fridge
1/4 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons nutella
Whisk together the coffee, milk and Nutella, until the Nutella is mostly dissolved. Pour the mixture over ice cubes and garnish with whipped cream.
COFFEE CUBES - BONUS POINTS! :)
2 cups strong black coffee (for ice cubes)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 cups strong black coffee
- Brew two cups of strong coffee. Make this brew slightly stronger than you would regular coffee as it requires a little more intensity to maintain the same flavor when chilled. To do this, add 25 to 50 percent more ground coffee to your coffee filter.
- Let the coffee come to room temperature. Coffee likes to be treated gently.
- Make ice coffee cubes. The best way to prevent watery iced coffee is to plan ahead — and make iced-coffee cubes. Use the two cups of coffee to make at least 16 ice cubes (or more). Freeze overnight.
- Brew four cups strong coffee or espresso.
- Arrange four glass mugs or cups on a tray. Fill each with four iced-coffee cubes. Spoon two tbsp sweetened condensed milk over the iced cubes. Pour one cup hot, strong coffee into each cup, over the iced-coffee cubes. Stir gently and enjoy.
How do you take your coffee?
Can't get enough of it? Follow my Summer coffee Pinterest board for more.