I used wok rather then the pot or pan to cook it as I feel like it cooks faster and chicken is nice and soft.
Since here in Barcelona I can find some beautiful selection of fresh and dry wild mushrooms I used full pound. It took me about 30-45 minutes to prepare this dish and it feeds 3-4 people.
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 pound fresh or dry mushrooms
2/3 pound chicken breasts (cut into small thin pieces)
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of fresh-ground black pepper
5.5 cups of chicken broth or stock
1 tbs of olive oil
Half or big onion or 1 medium size chopped
1.5 cups of arborio rice (the one that is more rounded)
1/2 cup of dry white wine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat butter in wok on medium heat, add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes with steering until browned and add chicken cut into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 3-4 minutes until chicken is done.
2. Bring broth to shimmer in a separate medium pan.
3. Remove the chicken and mushrooms from the wok. Heat olive oil in the wok and add union, steering until translucent - about 5min, then add the rice and stir for about 2 minutes.
4. Add wine to rice and a bit more salt (3/4 spoon). Cook with steering until all whine is absorbed. Add half of shimmering broth to the rice as well and cook until absorbed as well. Continue adding broth to rice until soft, if needed add some warm water as well. Rice should be cooked al dente.
5. Stir in the chicken and mushrooms and the Parmesan cheese, then parsley and heat through for another 3-4 minutes. Serve risotto with some more Parmesan to taste.
Voila! Bon appetite! :)